Please continue to monitor ICE social media for updates regarding cancellations or the rescheduling of postponed events due to COVID-19.
Cheer & Dance events throughout the UK.
Team divisions available in
Cheer, Stunt Group, Pom, Hip Hop, Jazz & Contemporary/Lyrical.
2019-2020 Season Dates
- Christmas ICE Breaker 7 Dec 2019, Stoke-on-Trent (closed)
- Frost Fest 2 Feb 2020, Antrim, Northern Ireland (closed)
- ICE Blizzard 8-9 Feb 2020, Newcastle (closed)
- Northern Frostbite 29 Feb – 1 Mar 2020, Chester (closed)
- Spring Thaw Out 7-8 Mar 2020, Newport, South Wales (closed)
- Sub Zero 21-22 Mar 2020, Stirling, Scotland (postponed)
- ICE Cooler (EXTRA COOL)* 28-29 Mar 2020, Stoke-on-Trent (postponed)
- Summer Meltdown (EXTRA COOL)* 16-17 May 2020, Doncaster (postponed)
- ICE Blast (EXTRA COOL)* 23-24 May 2020, Crawley (postponed)
- Big Chill 6-7 Jun 2020, Peterborough (cancelled)
- ICE Championships* 27-28 Jun 2020, Stoke-on-Trent (cancelled)
Also new for this season is the “Too Cool for School” Schools & University event on Friday 27 March 2020 (ALSO CANCELLED).
Our Cheer & Dance Events are split into sessions. Spectators need a ticket for whichever sessions/s they wish to attend. Coaches and competitors can access the entire event.
Please see the Divisions, Crossovers & Time Limits page for full details of which divisions are available at which events this season. A summary is as follows:
Note divisions may be split/combined as per the SportCheer UK Age Grid guidelines.
At ICE, an athlete can compete in no more than 6 routines in total at each event (inclusive of cheer, dance, stunt group and solos).
Routine Time Limits
Timing will begin with the first choreographed movement or beat of music, whichever comes first.
For Level 0 Cheer, the maximum time is 2 minutes.
ICE is proud to be aligned with the SportCheer UK guidelines and framework. We are fully supportive of developing a community of teamwork and shared working within the industry. This season we will be joining other EPs to follow the SportCheer UK Age Grid.
Athlete age for the entire 2019-2020 season is determined by their age as of 31ST AUGUST 2019.
Exception: For IASF International divisions, the eligible age for an athlete is determined by their age during 2020 (see the SportCheer UK Age Grid for further details).
Information may be updated to fall in line with any updated version of the SportCheer UK Age Grid.
Solos are not available at Christmas ICE Breaker (however, ICE Rink is available for solos and duos at all ICE Extravaganza events except ICE Championships; more information about ICE Rink is available here).
There will be a limited number of solo entries accepted at all other ICE Extravaganza Cheer & Dance events (including Extra Cool); please see the Solos page for full details and restrictions.
At ICE Championships, cheer solos will be available to 2019-2020 season cheer solo bid winners only. There are no dance solos at ICE Championships. Dance solo bid winners from the 2019-2020 season win bids to compete at ICE Ultimate Dance Experience Championships which is in November 2020.
All solos (and ICE Rinks) take place in their corresponding session (e.g., tiny/mini/youth cheer solos are in the tiny/mini/youth cheer session).
Solo scoresheets for the 2019-2020 season are as follows:
Solo ages are as per the SportCheer UK Age Grid as follows. Athletes must compete in their correct age grouping:
Cheer solos (not available at Christmas ICE Breaker) are not separated into separate levels. Cheer solos are capped at the levels above, as per the SportCheer UK Age Grid.
Deadlines & Pricing
Please see the Pricing & Deadlines page for pricing and deadlines. Note there are different pricing structures for Extra Cool and ICE Championships events.
Once you’ve emailed us your registration form, you’ll need to get ready to make a payment. Registration forms are accepted in Excel format only (not pdf, numbers, odo, or any other file type) so if you don’t have Excel just contact us in advance and we’ll provide an online version of the registration form specific to you.
We’ll need to receive a correct and legal registration form by midnight on any deadline for you to receive the applicable pricing for the contents of your form, so please plan accordingly. Any extra items added after a deadline are subject to the current pricing. To avoid disappointment, please remember to include your spectator ticket order on your registration form, as tickets are always subject to availability (and we may not accept entries submitted without a spectator order if we believe the event may sell out).
ICE will then email you an invoice, which will state your payment terms. To receive the pricing stated on the invoice, please ensure payment is made by the date stated on the invoice, otherwise the next price bracket may be applied. Please do not send any payment before receiving an invoice; sending payment without an invoice does not secure any order.
We advise you to send in your entry for checking at least 5 working days before any deadline. Should you need any assistance with this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules & Scoring
Rules, scoring systems & level appropriate skills are available on the Rules & Scoring page.
If any coaches require guidance regarding rules or scoring at ICE, please contact email@example.com for assistance (at least 10 working days before whichever ICE event you’re attending).
Information about legality notifications at events is available here.
Grand Champions will be awarded at each event as follows, subject to there being more than one team competing in each grouping:
- Prep – Grand Champion will be awarded for Tini/Mini/Youth and for Junior/Senior Prep across all levels.
- All Star levels 1+ (including Masters) – Grand Champion will be awarded for Tiny/Mini/Youth and for Junior/Senior/Open/Masters across levels 1-7.
- Level 0 – Grand Champion will be awarded for Tiny/Mini/Youth and for Junior/Senior/Open/Masters Level 0.
- Non-Tumbling, plus IASF International Cheer (where offered) – one Grand Champion will be awarded across all ages/levels.
- Dance (excluding International Open) – Grand Champion will be awarded for Tiny/Mini/Youth and for Junior/Senior/Open/Masters in each dance style.
- International Open Dance (Extra Cool & ICE Champs only) – one Grand Champion will be awarded across ALL dance styles.
- Stunt Group – Grand Champion will be awarded for Tiny/Mini/Youth and for Junior/Senior/Open/Masters across all levels.
Where scoresheets are out of different totals, scores will be pro-rated to compare them for Grand Champions.
Note: Grand Champion is not awarded to solos, divisions which are not scored (such as Tiny Novice and Cheer/Dance Abilities), or where there was only one eligible team.