Divisions on offer at ICE Extravaganza events during the 2020-2021 season are planned as follows (please note the divisions on offer are reviewed for each season):
Where divisions are “available as listed on the age grid”, please see the SportCheer UK Age Grid.
To briefly summarise, we are currently planning to offer the divisions listed on the SportCheer UK Age Grid at all ICE Extravaganza events, with the following exceptions:
- IASF (International) Cheer divisions are available at Extra Cool & ICE Championships events only.
- International Open Dance is available at Extra Cool & ICE Championships only.
- University Cheer/Dance & Schools Cheer divisions are available at Too Cool for School only.
- Mini Novice, Youth Novice & Partner Stunt are not available.
- In addition to the SportCheer UK Age Grid, we offer: Level 0 Cheer & Stunt Group, Masters Stunt Group at Levels 0-2, and Open Dance (17+).
- Solos are available to programmes also entering at least one team in the same event (excluding stunt group), subject to availability, and subject to a maximum number per programme. Championship solos are available to bid winners only.
All Star Prep Cheer divisions are available at all ICE Extravaganza events in the 2020-2021 season, in the age groupings and levels listed on the age grid.
The following additional specialty divisions are also available at all ICE Extravaganza events:
- Level 0 for Cheer & Stunt Group
- Masters Stunt Group levels 0, 1 and 2
- Open Dance Divisions (season age 17+)
For coaches interested in Dance Duos, check out the Ultimate Dance Experience events.
Divisions may be split/combined, as described in the SportCheer UK Age Grid guidelines.
An athlete cannot crossover onto more than 2 cheer teams (a maximum of 3 cheer teams total) at each event. An athlete can compete in no more than 6 routines in total at each ICE event (inclusive of cheer, dance, stunt group and solos). The ICE Rink tournament is not included in these totals.
- Athletes may not crossover between different size teams in cheer divisions within the same age and level, regardless of the mandatory split guidelines. E.g., an athlete may compete on only one All Star Elite Cheer Youth 1 team. This does not apply to dance. E.g., an athlete may compete on both small junior pom and large junior pom.
- Novice athletes may not cross over to All Star Prep, All Star Elite or IASF International Cheer teams at the same event. They may crossover into Level 0 cheer teams. (The only novice cheer division offered at ICE this season is Tiny Novice).
- All Star Prep athletes may not cross over to Novice, All Star Elite or IASF International Cheer teams at the same event. They may crossover into Level 0 cheer teams.
- Crossovers are NOT permitted between Level 0 and All Star Elite cheer divisions levels 1+ or IASF Cheer divisions at the same event. Crossovers are permitted between Level 0 and Novice/Prep.
- An athlete MAY crossover from All Star to International.
- An athlete may crossover between Level 0 cheer to Stunt Group divisions (any level).
- An athlete may crossover between Novice/Prep divisions to Stunt Group divisions.
Routine Time Limits
Timing will begin with the first choreographed movement or beat of music, whichever comes first.
- Level 0 Cheer – Maximum 2 minutes.
All other routine time limits will as per the latest version of the SportCheer UK Age Grid, as follows:
- Allstar Cheer Elite/University Cheer/School Cheer/Masters Cheer – Maximum 2 minutes 30 seconds
- *IASF Tiny, Mini, Youth, Junior, Senior & Open – Maximum 2 minutes 30 seconds
- *IASF Global:
- 30 second minimum to 40 second maximum for the opening cheer portion
- 20 second maximum to move from cheer portion and set up for the music portion
- 2:30 maximum for the music portion
- *IASF/University Non-Tumbling – Maximum 2 minutes
- Prep Cheer – Maximum 2 minutes
- Novice Cheer – Maximum 1 minute 30 seconds
- Dance – Maximum 2 minutes 15 seconds
- Stunt Groups & Solos – Maximum 1 minute 15 seconds
*IASF divisions are available at Extra Cool & ICE Championships events only. Specific Schools & University divisions are available at the new ICE Schools & University event only.
The information above may be updated to fall in line with any updated version of the SportCheer UK Age Grid.