THIS INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY FOR THE 2020-2021 SEASON.
IN THE MEANTIME, INFORMATION FROM THE 2019-2020 SEASON IS AVAILABLE BELOW FOR YOUR REFERENCE:
Divisions on offer at ICE Extravaganza events during the 2019-2020 season are as follows (please note the divisions on offer are reviewed for each season):
Where divisions are “available as listed on the age grid”, please see the SportCheer UK Age Grid.
- For Novice Cheer, only Tiny Novice is available. All other Novice Cheer age groupings are not available.
- All Star Prep Cheer divisions are available at all ICE Extravaganza events in the 2019-2020 season, in the age groupings and levels listed on the age grid.
- Non-Tumbling divisions are available at all ICE Extravaganza events in the 2019-2020 season, in the age groupings and levels listed on the age grid. The other IASF Cheer Divisions are available at Extra Cool and ICE Championships events ONLY.
- “International Open” Dance Divisions are available at Extra Cool and ICE Championships sprung floor events ONLY.
- University and School Divisions are only available at the new Too Cool For School Schools & University event.
- Partner Stunt & Duos are NOT available. (For coaches interested in Dance Duos, check out the Ultimate Dance Experience events).
- Solos are not available at Christmas ICE Breaker (however ICE Rink will be available for solos and duos; more information is available here). A limited number of solo slots are available at all other ICE Extravaganza events to programmes also entering at least one team in the same event (excluding stunt group). Programmes may enter a maximum of 5 solos in each style, subject to availability. For more information about solos and bids to Championship events, please see the Solos page.
The following additional specialty divisions are also available at all ICE Extravaganza events:
- Level 0 for Cheer & Stunt Group
- Open Stunt Group levels 0 and 1 (season age 17+)
- Masters Stunt Group levels 0, 1 and 2
- Open Dance Divisions (season age 17+)
Divisions may be split/combined, as described in the SportCheer UK Age Grid guidelines.
An athlete cannot crossover onto more than 2 cheer teams (a maximum of 3 cheer teams total) at each event. An athlete can compete in no more than 6 routines in total at each ICE event (inclusive of cheer, dance, stunt group and solos).
- athletes may not crossover between different size teams in cheer divisions within the same age and level, regardless of the mandatory split guidelines. E.g., an athlete may compete on only one All Star Elite Cheer Youth 1 team. This does not apply to dance. E.g., an athlete may compete on both Junior Small Pom and Junior Large Pom.
- Novice athletes may not cross over to All Star Prep, All Star Elite or IASF International Cheer teams at the same event. They may crossover into level 0 cheer teams. (The only novice cheer division offered at ICE this season is Tiny Novice).
- All Star Prep athletes may not cross over to Novice, All Star Elite or IASF International Cheer teams at the same event. They may crossover into level 0 cheer teams.
- Crossovers are NOT permitted between level 0 and All Star Elite cheer divisions levels 1+ or IASF Cheer divisions at the same event. Crossovers are permitted between level 0 and Novice/Prep.
- An athlete may crossover between level 0 cheer to Stunt Group divisions (any level).
- An athlete may crossover between Novice/Prep divisions to Stunt Group divisions.
Routine Time Limits
Timing will begin with the first choreographed movement or beat of music, whichever comes first.
- Level 0 Cheer – Maximum 2 minutes.
All other routine time limits will as per the latest version of the SportCheer UK Age Grid, as follows:
- All Star Cheer Elite/Masters Cheer –Maximum 2 minutes 30 seconds
- *IASF Tiny, Mini, Youth, Junior, Senior & Open –Maximum 2 minutes 30 seconds
- *IASF Global:
- -30 second minimum to 40 second maximum for the opening cheer portion
- -20 second maximum to move from cheer portion and set up for the music portion
- -2:30 maximum for the music portion
- Non Tumbling –Maximum 2 minutes
- Prep Cheer –Maximum 2 minutes
- Novice Cheer –Maximum 1 minute 30 seconds (only Tiny Novice available)
- Dance –Maximum 2 minutes 15 seconds
- **Stunt Groups & Solos – Maximum 1 minute 15 seconds
*IASF divisions are available at Extra Cool & ICE Championships events only, except for IASF Non-Tumbling divisions which are available at all ICE Extravaganza events. Specific Schools & University divisions are available at the new ICE Schools & University event only. **Solos are not available at Christmas ICE Breaker.
The information above may be updated to fall in line with any updated version of the SportCheer UK Age Grid.